Here are all the first assignments which were produced by the Journalism Yr 3 students for the module Digital Journalism this semester. Please bear in mind that this is a pedagogical exercise designed to help students produce reporting that combines data, video, audio, text etc. When teaching this module, I always find that the hardest part is to inculcate the notion that you have to have solid, verifiable data and that you need to process it first before jumping into interviews to avoid mere “he says, she says” journalism. Some have made some interesting efforts.
- Tea in Mauritius: an industry with potential. By Samuel Bathilde and Ashminta Bhantoo.
- Déchets: chaque Mauricien produit 300kg de déchets annuellement. By Dasa Appalasawmy and Naheeda Alibocus.
- Special Education Needs: An NGO Concern. By Aadilah Soobratty, Johann Bissessur and Jaya Bhujun.
- Pedestrians and two-wheelers: the most vulnerable on our roads. By Ashminta Bhantoo and Yahya Munglee.
- Tourists in Mauritius: over 80% steer away from hotels. By Peerally Zainah, Liza Bonne and Ashish Dabee